13% of the world’s population is affected by mental health issues which present as overwhelm, depression, anxiety, and mood disorders including OCD, PTSD, eating disorders, Bipolar, substance disorders, and Schizophrenia.
In 2020 from the global COVID situation 59% of Americans have reached out for assistance with their mental health. Of this 59%, 40 million people who reached out for help were children under 17!
The social isolation, lack of structure and routine, increased learning expectations and being housebound I believe are the most likely contributors to such brutal statistics.
Homoeopathic Medicine helps!
Depression – I use the Homoeopathic Medicines, Aurum, Diamond, Nat Mur, Muriatic Acid, Sepia, Lycopodium, and Calc Carb most commonly for chronic depression in my practice.
Anxiety – for relief within minutes reach for Arsenicum Album, Gelsemium, Argentum Nitricum, Aconite, and Pulsatilla.
For grief and feeling that you are missing out – reach for Ignatia, Nat Mur, Gelsemium, and Arsenicum.
The second and third miasm are responsible for mental health issues and when they are stabilized with anti-miasmatic medicine I work with my patients and their mental health carer to take out pharmaceutical medicines so that anti-depressants and other medications are not a life sentence.
For children who are overwhelmed, frustrated, and having large and destructive meltdowns I prescribe Tuberculinum, Gelsemium, Lycopodium, and Nux Vomica.
Your children and you can and will see relief within days of the correct medicine being prescribed.
Here are a few other things to work on –
1. Eat every 3 hours and balance your carbohydrates and proteins so as to make sure hypoglycemia is not a contributing factor to your mental health symptoms.
2. Commit to no screen time starting 1 hour before sleep so that your body has the best chance to get into deep healing REM cycles overnight.
3. Ensure you are not too hot or too cold in your bedroom environment and there are no lights (even night lights) that disrupt brainwaves and influence sleep cycles negatively.
4. Exercise for 40 minutes every morning to activate good feeling hormones and encourage fresh air and variety in your day.
5. For children – break down tasks to one thing at a time and don’t ask for long periods of concentration from children who are overwhelmed. This sets them up to fail and you are more likely to have tears and anger as they struggle to regulate themselves and their behavior.
This is a specialty of mine in my practice, if you and your children are struggling with mental health, frustration, and overwhelm I would love to help you.